5 Tips to Transition to Kindergarten
Back to school season is here! We want to give you and your child a head start in transitioning to kindergarten. Here are our top 5 back to school tips!
1. Make a practice packed lunch. See if your child can open everything independently and finish everything in only 20 minutes (which is typically the time given for lunch in kindergarten).
2. Visit the school and play on the playground. Talk with your child about playing safely on the playground equipment.
3. Read books about kindergarten and making new friends. One of our favorites is First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg.
4. Go shopping for school supplies and/or school clothes. Let your child pick out a special outfit for the first day of school.
5. Talk about riding the bus or practice walking to school safely.